CMG aspires to develop leaders at all levels of experience and within all aspects of the practice. We believe strengthening our culture by supporting the pursuit of innovation and learning is important towards realizing this goal. We hope to attract passionate people who are visionary in seeking and creating opportunities to help grow and improve the ongoing project that is CMG. We value team members with integrity, honesty, and respect who are committed to creating a safe environment for everyone to do their best work. As a living company, these aspirations are fundamental to how we evolve and stay nimble build together.
We are driven by a social-ecological mission to positively impact communities and the planet. If you are interested in joining the conversation or learning more about how we do this, please apply for one of our open positions.
THE POSITION: PROJECT DESIGNER
Project Designers are foundational to creating CMG’s design exploration and communication. We are seeking an energetic and passionate designer who will:
- Utilize excellent graphic, design, and problem-solving skills to produce presentations, design studies, and project documentation through multiple phases and project types.
- Explore conceptual ideas and dive into technical details from schematic design through construction documentation.
- Investigate topics like participatory design, ecological analysis, adaptation or other subjects pertinent to our projects and profession.
- Be motivated to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues both within CMG and with our project partners.
- Take an active role building workplace culture, and institutional knowledge through sharing of ideas and information
EXPERIENCE + SKILLS
You love design and have been introduced to its development, documentation (and perhaps construction!). Your eyes are wide open. You are hungry for what comes next – taking things in and starting to glean what it means to make an idea happen. You bring the following experience and skills with you:
- A degree in landscape architecture, or a related field.
- Approximately 2-5 years professional experience practicing landscape architecture or architecture.
- Experience in developing design communication and documentation through multiple phases.
- Some knowledge about how to carry a design idea forward and make it real, accessible, implementable.
- Ability to manage digital design tools and workflows. Expertise with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, Rhino. Proficiency with Lumion or other rendering software, Grasshopper, Revit preferred.
- Project management and consultant coordination experience are desired but are not required.
- You will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area region with ability to work in our studio on a weekly basis
- You take initiative and responsibility for accuracy in your work, manage yourself with humility, and are willing to ask for help when needed.
- Self-direction – you enjoy taking on independent initiatives and diving into design studies and/or technical documentation.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
HOW TO APPLY
CMG Landscape Architecture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate difference. We are committed to maintaining a high level of design and quality of life within our firm to attract and retain a wide array of employees whose diverse perspectives will be reflective of the world at large.
To be considered for a position, please upload the following materials in one single PDF at following links.
- Cover letter – no more than 500 words.
- Portfolio of design work – include clear descriptions of your role and responsibilities on each project.
- References – at least two.
- Submit a single PDF combining all the materials above. 15MB maximum.
- Links will not be considered.