WHO WE ARE
CMG’s mission is to increase social and ecological wellbeing through artful design and advocacy. At the heart of the practice is attention to public space, how the built environment shapes human interaction, and the way innovation can foster a thriving natural world. CMG has earned national recognition and numerous awards for merits in design, social impact, and environmental quality. We work on a wide range of initiatives, project scales and types, with the philosophy that all of our work accrues as the single overarching project of improving the public realm of our cities. CMG’s team consists of three dozen landscape architects and designers, led by six principals with diverse perspectives. We value curiosity, collaboration, and inclusivity and that is reflected in our design process, culture, and community. For 20 years, CMG has been making a positive impact on the landscape and our profession with passion, innovation, and leadership. We are located in San Francisco — the city and region that is, in many ways, the overarching project of our two decades of practice.
You are a motivated and passionate designer with 0-5 years professional experience and interest in the following areas:
- Excellent graphic, design, and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to explore conceptual ideas from schematic design through construction documentation
- Technical interest and experience researching and coordinating design elements into construction details
- Project management and consultant coordination experience are desired but are not required for consideration
- Experience or research background in participatory design, ecological analysis, adaptation or city planning encouraged.
- This is a full-time position
WHAT WE EXPECT
- A degree in landscape architecture, or a related field
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Expertise with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, Rhino, Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Lumion or other rendering software, Grasshopper, Revit preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Applicant needs to have initiative and be self-directed
- Experience in producing concept presentations and documentation sets
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please upload the following materials in one single PDF. Links will not be considered.
- Cover letter - no more than 500 words
- Portfolio of design work - include clear descriptions of your role on each project
- Submit a single PDF combining all the materials above
CMG Landscape Architecture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate difference. We are committed to maintaining a high level of design and quality of life within our firm in order to attract and retain a wide array of employees whose diverse perspectives will be reflective of the world at large.