WHO WE ARE
CMG’s mission is to increase social and ecological wellbeing through artful design and advocacy. At the heart of the practice is attention to public space, how the built environment shapes human interaction, and the way innovation can foster a thriving natural world. CMG has earned national recognition and numerous awards for merits in design, social impact, and environmental quality. We work on a wide range of initiatives, project scales and types, with the philosophy that all of our work accrues as the single overarching project of improving the public realm of our cities. CMG’s team consists of three dozen landscape architects and designers, led by six principals with diverse perspectives. We value curiosity, collaboration, and inclusivity and that is reflected in our design process, culture, and community. For 20 years, CMG has been making a positive impact on the landscape and our profession with passion, innovation, and leadership. We are located in San Francisco — the city and region that is, in many ways, the overarching project of our two decades of practice.
You are a motivated and passionate designer and project manager with 6+ years professional experience practicing landscape architecture. Key skills and interests include
- Design of complex multidisciplinary projects with collaborative teams
- Design of public spaces, campuses, and institutional landscapes
- Project management including client coordination, work planning, fee management, consultant coordination, etc.
- Supervising and mentoring project teams
- Project documentation and coordination
- A strong understanding of landscape systems, preferably California ecology and climate
- Experience in all design phases (Concept through Construction Documentation)
- Working with regulatory agencies to plan and permit projects
WHAT WE EXPECT
- A degree in landscape architecture or a related field
- Strong project design and management skills (on projects similar in scope, scale, and complexity to those in CMG’s portfolio)
- Experience leading teams in a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Client and public presentation experience (encouraged)
- Expertise with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and project management tools
- Experience with Sketch-Up and/or Rhino
- Experience with Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint (preferred)
- Solid BIM/Revit modeling and documentation experience (preferred)
- Licensure (strongly encouraged)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please upload the following materials in one single PDF. Links will not be considered.
- Cover letter - no more than 500 words
- Portfolio of design work - include clear descriptions of your role on each project
- References – at least two
- Submit a single PDF combining all of the materials above, 15MB maximum
CMG Landscape Architecture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate difference. We are committed to maintaining a high level of design and quality of life within our firm in order to attract and retain a wide array of employees whose diverse perspectives will be reflective of the world at large.