WHO WE ARE
CMG is a mission oriented studio working to increase social and ecological wellbeing through artful design. We are a passionate and creative collective of equal voices. We value collaboration, and it is reflected in our work environment and design process. Six principals with distinct aesthetics and interests lead our firm of over 30 designers with one common goal - to protect and improve our cities and communities every day. For 20 years, CMG has been making a positive impact on the landscape and our profession with passion, innovation and leadership. We are located in San Francisco — the city that is, in many ways, the overarching project of our two decades of practice.
You are a motivated and passionate designer with 1-5 years professional experience and interest in the following areas:
- Excellent graphic, design and problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to design and explore conceptual ideas from schematic design through construction documentation
- Technical knowledge, interest and experience researching and coordinating design elements into construction details
- Project management and consultant coordination experience are desired but are not required for consideration
WHAT WE EXPECT
- A degree in landscape architecture, or a related field
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Expertise with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Rhino, Grasshopper, and/or Revit preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Applicant needs to have initiative and be self-directed
- Experience in producing concept presentations and documentation sets
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please upload the following materials in one single PDF. Links will not be considered.
- Cover letter - no more than 500 words
- Portfolio of design work - include clear descriptions of your role on each project
- References – at least two
- Submit a single PDF combining all of the materials above, 15MB maximum
CMG Landscape Architecture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate difference. We are committed to maintaining a high level of design and quality of life within our firm in order to attract and retain a wide array of employees whose diverse perspectives will be reflective of the world at large.